Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

7.04.2009

Happy Independence Day

My parents are in town for the weekend. This morning my Mom, "Babci" asked Gabby if she knew what Independence Day was all about. Joe and I were in the other room, and I figured she'd have no idea since we hadn't talked about it at all. Instead, she boldly answered, "It's about freedom." Then Babci asked Gabby, and what does that mean, to which Gabby responded, "Well, the King and Queen were in charge, and people couldn't do what they wanted to do, so when they got freedom, they could do what they wanted, and that's what we're celebrating."

Pretty astute response for a four-year-old! Joe and I looked at each other in shock...I guess they're actually teaching her something at daycare!

No comments: